We help promote the Religious Emblem
Programs for Cub, Boy and Girl
How to Promote Catholic Youth Religious Emblems in your Unit ?
- Youth members obtain the specific
booklet for their religion. Check with the council store.
- Each youth member will need his or her own booklet to document progress.
- Some religions offer adult manuals for counselors
must review the program guidelines.
- Some programs require participants to be official "members" of the religious institution.
- Age/grade requirements vary from
program to program.
- Each program sets its own guidelines as to who may serve as counselor.
- Some programs require clergy to
serve as counselors;other programs allow parents or other family
members to serve as counselors.
- Families should talk to their religious leaders and show them the booklet before beginning any program.
- Most programs require that they be completed
under the auspices of that religious organization.
- Many programs require the signature of the local religious leader.
- The youth member needs to complete
the requirements, obtain the proper signatures, and follow the instructions to order the emblem.
- Some religious emblems require Scouts to complete
a Diocesian Board of Review.
- These emblems are not available for purchase from your local council store.
- Completed Applications and $20. Fee for each
youth Religious Award are mailed to the attention of the CCOSBQ Chairman.
- Awards are presented by the Diocesan Committee
on Scouting at the Annual Convocation.
(St. Kevin Church Girl Scout Troop 4-388, Flushing, Queens N.Y. - Marian Awardees - At Convocation
with Fr. Thomas Vassalotti, Diocesian Scout Chaplain)
information on Catholic Religious Awards
to become an Emblem Counselor Contact:
Christopher Dono, CCOSBQ Awards Chairman,